It’s that time of year again. Time to set goals for the year ahead and start working toward your dream of financial freedom. But what’s the best way to set goals and commit to following through? How do you avoid overwhelm and keep going no matter what?
On this episode of Apartment Building Investing, I am sharing my top 6 tips for setting goals you CAN and WILL achieve in 2020. I explain why it’s crucial to find your WHY and state your goals clearly—over multiple time frames.
I go on to reveal my secret to avoiding overwhelm, describing the value of consistency in working toward financial freedom. Listen in for advice around leveraging practice to develop confidence and learn to commit to doing your first multifamily deal, no matter how long it takes!
Tip #1—Develop your WHY
- Affords clarity, moment of decision
- Less about you = more powerful
Tip #2—State your goals clearly over multiple time frames
- Create yearly, 90-day, monthly, weekly and daily goals
- Short-term goals align with big targets (e.g.: analyze 20 deals)
Tip #3—Always do the next 3 things
- Best way to avoid overwhelm, keep moving forward
- Consistent with progress (i.e.: finish book, choose property manager)
Tip #4—Focus on the activity, NOT the outcome
- Analyze every deal and talk to everyone early on
- Knowledge + practice = CONFIDENCE
Tip #5—Be consistent
- Support network to keep on track (peers + expert)
- Recognize and celebrate milestones
Tip #6—Commit to the outcome, not a timeline
- Set deadlines for short-term goals under your control
- Keep going no matter how long it takes, no other option