When you work a traditional job, your ability to feed your family can be taken away from you at any moment. And your worth is determined by your employer.
But what if YOU can determine your own worth? What if you can earn enough passive income from real estate to walk away from your J-O-B and be your own boss?
Dustin Heiner is the creator of Master Passive Income, a platform and podcast where he shares insights on investing in real estate rental properties.
Getting laid off from his 9-to-5 inspired Dustin to pursue investing, and by 2016, Dustin had built a portfolio of 30 properties and quit his job in IT, becoming what he calls ‘successfully unemployed.'
On this episode of Financial Freedom with Real Estate Investing, Dustin joins Garrett Lynch and me to discuss what he loves about passive income and share some of the mistakes he made with his first few investments.
Dustin explains why it's important to build your business first, challenging you to look for markets with good inventory and put a team in place BEFORE you buy properties.
Listen in for Dustin's insight on leveraging real estate to leave a legacy and find out how a mentor can support YOU in becoming successfully unemployed—like Dustin!
Dustin Heiner – Key Takeaways
How Dustin got into real estate
- Laid off from 9-to-5 working IT for county
- Invest to make sure never happens again
What Dustin loves about passive income
- Work one time, get paid over and over
- Scale to become ‘successfully unemployed'
The mistakes Dustin made with his first investments
- Thought one property was business
- Found property first, didn't vet property manager
The value of working with a mentor or coach
- Cut time it takes to reach goals
- Avoid landmines
Dustin's ‘right way' to invest in real estate
- Find area with good inventory
- Hire property manager and other experts on ground
- THEN look for properties
Why Dustin used SFHs to achieve financial freedom
- Started in 2005 when little info on multifamily
- Seminar made multifamily seem out of reach
Dustin's advice to his younger self
- Build business first
- Put people in place to do work
- Find mentor or coach
The 4 legacies Dustin strives to leave
Connect with Dustin Heiner
Dustin's Free Real Estate Investing Course [Text RENTAL to 33777]
Email [email protected]