Why would a real estate investor want to share content on social media?
Yes, we can build relationships with other investors and raise capital without Instagram or YouTube. But social platforms help us maintain those real-life connections and make tens of thousands of others!
So, how can we use social media to crush it in real estate?
Lili Thompson was playing with the Harlem Globetrotters when COVID hit. Stuck at home with nothing to do, Lili learned about wholesaling and decided to try it—and document the process on social media.
Today, Lili is one of the rising stars in the real estate space, and she has 148K subscribers on YouTube.
On this episode of Financial Freedom with Real Estate Investing, Lili joins cohost Garrett Lynch and me to discuss how she benefits from sharing her real estate journey on YouTube, describing the connections she’s made with other beginners and experienced investors alike.
Lili offers insight into how she built an audience on social media and explains why it’s important to produce content consistently.
Listen in to understand why Lili is shifting into the multifamily space (using my Syndicated Deal Analyzer) and take the first steps to creating a thought leadership platform of your own, no matter where you are in your real estate journey!
How Lili got into real estate investing
- House hacked first post-college home
- Started wholesaling during pandemic
How Lili benefitted from wholesaling
- Learned what good deal looks like
- Made connections with local investors
- Build capital (up to $10K per contract)
Why Lili shares her journey on YouTube
- Media part of job with Globetrotters
- ‘Do cool things and document it’
What Lili’s learned from documenting her journey
- Educate people by creating content
- Connect with other beginners
- Network with experienced investors
The benefits of sharing your journey on social media
- Extreme form of accountability
- Connect with other content creators
Lili’s insight on building an audience on YouTube
- Don’t have to be expert to help people
- Be consistent, use YouTube strategy
How to overcome the fear of getting started
- Just film and let authenticity come through
- Use your phone, tools you’ve already got
Why it’s important to produce content regularly
- Keeps you top of mind
- Attract investors
Why Lili is considering a shift to multifamily
- Joined mastermind through BiggerPockets
- Realized bigger deals take same work
How analyzing multifamily deals is different
- Single family valued based on comps
- Apartments through income and expenses
What Lili likes about the Syndicated Deal Analyzer
- Identify good deals much faster
- Leverage 10-minute offer tool
Lili’s plan for raising capital for multifamily
- Partnered with passive investor on BRRRRs
- Built trust, willing to invest in larger deals
What’s next for Lili Invests
- Direct mail campaign (5- to 50-unit deals)
- Build relationships with brokers
The tools Lili uses for a direct mail campaign
- Pull list from PropStream
- Send Ballpoint Marketing letters
Connect with Lili Thompson
Pros and Cons of Wholesaling Real Estate
How to Be a Successful Real Estate Entrepreneur
Purchase Michael’s Syndicated Deal Analyzer
Learn More About Michael’s Mentoring Program
Join the Nighthawk Equity Investor Club
Access Michael’s Free Resources in the Freedom Vault
Financial Freedom with Real Estate Investing by Michael Blank
Lili on BiggerPockets Real Estate Rookie Podcast
Ballpoint Marketing on YouTube
Apartment Investor Network Facebook Group
Email [email protected]