Are you surrounding yourself with people who will get you to the next level?
Five years ago, a group of seasoned multifamily investors got together and established a Mastermind to support each other as we scale our real estate businesses.
And I’m proud to be part of that group with Matt Faircloth, who’s been in real estate full-time since 2005
Matt serves as Owner of DeRosa Group, a multifamily investing firm with a portfolio of 1,800-plus units and $150 million in assets under management.
Matt is also the author of the Amazon bestseller Raising Private Capital: Build Your Real Estate Investing Empire with Other People’s Money.
On this episode of Financial Freedom with Real Estate Investing, Matt and I discuss the opportunities we see coming in the multifamily market.
Matt describes the properties in his portfolio that are doing well versus the properties that are struggling, and we brainstorm strategies for dealing with rising insurance rates for multifamily.
Listen in as Matt shares his vision for scaling DeRosa Group and learn about the personal disciplines that contribute to his success!
What’s going well in Matt’s business right now
- Properties with fixed-rate debt
- Foresight to raise more equity to shore up reserves
What’s not going well in Matt’s business right now
- Properties with floating-rate debt
- Major unforeseen construction work
Why we think opportunity is coming in multifamily
- Properties on sale for less than seller paid in 2021
- Undercapitalized properties can’t cover insurance
Matt’s insight around rising multifamily insurance rates
- Will get more competitive as new players come in
- Owners put portfolios together for bargaining
Matt’s vision for scaling his real estate company
- Leverage strong partners and team behind him
- Scale equity, acquisitions and operations together
The 4 levels of growth of a multifamily business
- Doing deals
- Build true company
- Company runs without you
- Different lines of business under one umbrella
The personal disciplines that contribute to Matt’s success
- Intentional about health (eat well, work out, etc.)
- Meditate, read and journal for morning routine
Connect with Matt Faircloth
Connect with Michael Blank
Email [email protected]