Does your business feel like a black hole?
Are you feeding it all your time, energy and money? But it just keeps sucking away?
Too many business owners get to the end of their career and don’t have much to show for it, selling for next to nothing or simply letting the business fade away.
But what if you could leverage your business profits to build personal wealth?
Todd Polke is an international educator and trainer in the realm of wealth creation and building strategic investment portfolios.
Todd is dedicated to the mission of helping as many people as possible break free from the default and ‘live a life unlimited by income.’
On this episode of Financial Freedom with Real Estate Investing, Todd explains the idea behind his Profits to Portfolio system and how it helps business owners grow their personal wealth.
Todd shares how Australia’s real estate market compares to the US, offering advice on how to navigate the current downturn and prepare to capitalize on opportunities coming down the pike.
Listen in for Todd’s insight on avoiding emotional investment decisions and learn how to leverage a diversified portfolio to build personal wealth—and a lasting legacy.
What inspired Todd’s interest in real estate investing
- Burned out as personal trainer and looking for other options
- Earned more on one fix-and-flip than entire year as PT
The idea behind Todd’s Profits to Portfolio wealth system
- Transfer business profits to personal wealth
- Gives business owners exit position, rewards for hard work
How to diagnose the system you’re using in your business
- Is it set up as asset or ATM?
- Get clear on numbers to identify opportunity, limiting factor
- Then consider strategy, structure and system
What the real estate marketplace is like in Australia
- Affordability problem
- High interest rates
- Build-to-rent gaining traction
How Todd is diversifying his investment portfolio
- Deals in Australia, UK, Singapore, Dubai and US
- Invest in businesses and crypto
Todd’s advice on how to prepare in the current real estate market
- Overcommunicate with investors and build relationships
- Be ready to capitalize, best deals made in downturn
How Todd thinks about making good investment decisions
- Lose money when buy on hype and sell on dip
- Assess market objectively rather than acting on emotion
The breakdown of Todd’s current investment portfolio
- 80% of wealth in hard assets like real estate
- Should understand what you’re buying and why
Connect with Todd Polke
Connect with Michael Blank
Email [email protected]