Whether you’re already involved in multifamily syndications, or you’re interested in getting into the space in 2024, it’s crucial to understand the market outlook.
Through Nighthawk Equity, we own a 2,000-unit portfolio worth $350M. And we’re always on the lookout for new deals.
That means we have insight into what’s happening in the market and what’s likely to happen in 2024.
So, what are our predictions for the next 12 months of multifamily real estate? How can you leverage this information to survive and thrive as an investor in 2024?
On this episode of Financial Freedom with Real Estate Investing, I’m sharing my top three headlines for the multifamily market outlook in 2024.
I discuss what’s behind the ongoing operator distress in apartments and describe how the fundamentals of multifamily remain strong despite the challenges.
Listen in to understand how economic headwinds are easing and learn how to take advantage of the incredible buying opportunities coming in 2024!
3 headlines re: the multifamily market outlook in 2024
- Ongoing operator distress
- Strong fundamentals
- Incredible buying opportunities
What’s behind the distress in the multifamily market
- Unprecedented 11 interest rate hikes
- Decrease in cashflow and lower valuations
- Not enough capital to renew rate caps
- Even successful operators in cash crunch
Why the fundamentals of multifamily are still strong
- Rents continue to rise
- Ongoing shortage of affordable housing
- Rents more affordable than buying
How economic headwinds are likely to ease in 2024
- Inflation coming down
- Interest rate cuts projected
- Relaxing of lending criteria
The impact of construction completions in 2024
- Short-term oversupply of class A properties
- Downward pressure on rents in some markets
Why you should invest in multifamily in 2024
- Some operators will need to sell
- Sound assets temporarily undervalued
How to survive and thrive as an investor in 2024
- Preserve capital and ride out storm
- Look for opportunities (adjusted underwriting)
- Recognize risk-adjusted return
What aspiring investors should do right now
- Passive—align with strong operators
- Active—get educated and build team
Connect with Michael Blank
Email [email protected]