Our world is in upheaval. Between COVID-19 and the current riots, nothing feels normal. And this has a lot of investors asking, is now the right time to pursue multifamily?
On this episode of Apartment Building Investing, I’m sharing my keynote address from Deal Maker Live 2020 on the current state of multifamily. I describe how multifamily is weathering the storm, explaining why it’s actually EASIER to raise money right now and why now IS the right time to invest in apartment buildings.
Listen in for insight around how to adjust your underwriting in the current economic environment and get my advice on what you SHOULD be doing right now to achieve financial freedom!
How multifamily is performing right now
- Similar to 2008, deep quiet under storm
- Collections surprisingly consistent
Why it’s easier to raise money in the current economic environment
- Investors frustrated with volatility of stock market
- Opening to discuss multifamily as alternative
When it’s the best time to invest in multifamily
- Never going to be perfect time
- Start working toward financial freedom NOW
How investors should adjust their tactics right now
- Be smart about underwriting (↑ reserves, ↓ rent growth)
- Avoid hard deposit, incorporate financing contingencies
What multifamily investors SHOULD be doing right now
- Stay calm and stay the course
- Remember your WHY
- Keep momentum going