They say that your network is your net worth. And Pat Hiban has proven this to be true over and over again. Making connections through networking and mastermind groups, he has established multiple business partnerships and created more than 30 passive income streams! So, how can we leverage what Pat has learned about building relationships to reach the next level of success in our own lives?
Pat is the Cofounder of GoBundance, a business mastermind for healthy, wealthy, generous men who want to lead EPIC lives. A former top-performing real estate agent, Pat was the #1 RE/MAX agent in the world in 2004 and earned the same honor with Keller Williams in 2006, selling more than 4,000 homes worth over one billion dollars in the course of his career. Pat is also the former host of the Real Estate Rockstars Podcast and the author of 6 Steps to 7 Figures and Tribe of Millionaires.
On this episode of Apartment Building Investing, Pat joins cohost Garrett Lynch and I to discuss what inspired his initial goal to become a millionaire and share the key lessons from 6 Steps to 7 Figures. He explains how his definition of success has evolved to focus on relationships and describes the power of joining a mastermind community. Listen in for Pat’s insight around building on your successes and learn how networking with other high-performing entrepreneurs can take YOUR business to the next level!
What inspired Pat to become a millionaire
- Boost to self-esteem
- More money = less stress
How Pat’s definition of success has changed
- Ego-driven to make money from 21 to 35
- Relationships + time most valuable now
Pat’s key lesson from 6 Steps to 7 Figures
- Build on successes (not from ground up)
- Go deep in one area rather than wide
The key to Pat’s ongoing success
- Naïve enough to keep moving forward
- Believe in self and be coachable
Pat’s insight around the value of relationships
- 30+ opportunities from mastermind
- One relationship away from next level
The idea of horizontal income
- Things that pay you sideways
- Multifamily, businesses, etc.
What Pat is investing in right now
- Cryptocurrency (Bitcoin and Ethereum)
- VC funds and private companies
- Single- and multifamily real estate