When you’re raising capital for a real estate deal, it’s tempting to pitch potential investors right away.
But if you try to sell a high-net-worth individual before you’ve established trust, your chances of conversion are slim to none.
So, how do you make meaningful connections with HNWIs and build trust in a way that makes them want to invest with you?
Brad Blazar is the creator of Capital School, one of the fastest growing communities for entrepreneurs, business owners and CEOs learning to attract, raise and close high-net-worth investors.
Having raised well over $2 billion for his own businesses, Brad is a sought-after speaker on the subject of raising capital and author of Winning at the Capital Game: Using Other People’s Money to Build Wealth.
On this episode of Financial Freedom with Real Estate Investing, Brad joins me to explain what works in building relationships with high-net-worth individuals, walking us through the steps he takes to establish trust prior to a pitch.
Brad discusses how to stay in contact with potential investors while you’re waiting for a live deal and describes what he’s doing to raise capital in an uncertain economic environment.
Listen in for insight around raising private equity money for real estate deals and learn Brad’s genius strategies for connecting with potential investors—at traditional networking events or a nearby Starbucks!
How Brad got his start raising capital from HNWI
- Part-time job at oil & gas company in college
- Built relationships with potential investors
- Earned $100K working 12- to 15-hour weeks
What works in building relationships with HNWI
- Show interest in other person
- Get to know investment goals
Brad’s insight on key steps in the trust sequence
The validation phrase Brad uses BEFORE the pitch
- Deliver at end of second conversation
- ‘Don’t have investment to share right now’
- Ask permission to add to list for next one
How Brad stays in contact until he has a live deal
- Drip campaign, e.g.: podcast, magazine
- Send distributions very next month
Brad’s unorthodox approach to finding investors
- Great elevator pitch (freedom consultant)
- Buy coffee at Starbucks in ‘pocket of wealth’
What’s different about raising private equity money
- Conduct high degree of due diligence on YOU
- Challenge to get in unless meet at events
How Brad raises capital in an environment of fear
- Investors still want to put money to work
- Must convince that your team can EXECUTE
How to do Your First Apartment Deal Without Your Own Money
Want to Raise Capital? Focus on Investor Relations
How to Survive and Economic Winter
Connect with Brad Blazar
Winning at the Capital Game: Using Other People’s Money to Build Wealth by Brad Blazar
Connect with Michael Blank
Apartment Investor Network Facebook Group
Email [email protected]
Learn More About Michael’s Mentoring Program
Download Michael’s Deal Maker Blueprint
Join the Nighthawk Equity Investor Club
Access Michael’s Free Resources in the Freedom Vault
Review the Podcast on Apple Podcasts
Financial Freedom with Real Estate Investing by Michael Blank
The Trust Economy: Building Strong Networks and Realising Exponential Value in the Digital Age by Philipp Kristian Diekhoner
Brad’s LinkedIn Article on Starbucks