Financial freedom opens you up to live a life of significance.
To pursue passions that may or may not generate any revenue. To do volunteer work or support causes you believe in.
For me, that cause is Uganda Counseling and Support Services or UCSS, a nonprofit dedicated to improving the quality of life in remote communities of Uganda.
On this episode of Financial Freedom with Real Estate Investing, Drew Kniffin joins me to discuss our involvement with UCSS, describing how I met its founder, Dr. Ronald Kaluya, and what differentiates the organization from other nonprofits.
Drew asks me why I trust Dr. Kaluya and his team, and I explain how UCSS measures the impact of donor dollars in the communities we serve.
Listen in to understand the vision for UCSS moving forward and learn how you can get involved by sponsoring a student or becoming a legacy partner in the ministry!
The mission behind Uganda Counseling and Support Services
- Improve quality of life in remote communities of Uganda
- Provide fresh water, medical care and education
How Michael got involved with UCSS
- Dr. Ronald Kaluya witnessed suffering as boy in Uganda
- Met Michael in 2007, raised $100K in 2011 to start UCSS
What differentiates UCSS from similar nonprofit organizations
- Holistic approach to serving communities
- Philosophy of helping people help themselves
The vision for UCSS moving forward
- Developed repeatable models for building schools, wells, etc.
- Replicate in other rural communities in Uganda
How Dr. Kaluya applies principles of entrepreneurship in UCSS
- Resourceful leader, implementation of EOS
- Raises money to pay teachers, buy medical supplies
Why Michael trusts Dr. Kaluya and the UCSS organization
- Knows exactly how donated money being spent
- High degree of accountability, tracking to measure impact
UCSS’s biggest needs right now
- Legacy partners to adopt ministry for 3 to 5 years
- Sponsor students for $30 to $100 per month
Connect with Uganda Counseling and Support Services
Connect with Drew Kniffin
Connect with Michael Blank
Email [email protected]