When you’re a new real estate syndicator with a smaller network, you can keep track of investors with a spreadsheet and work through the process of raising money manually.
But as you grow your investor database, it becomes more and more tedious to do things this way.
The good news is, you can leverage investor management software to automate the process of drafting legal documents and wiring money, saving yourself and your investors a lot of time and trouble.
So, how do you choose an investor portal that’s the right fit for you and your syndication business?
Perry Zheng is Founder and CEO of Cash Flow Portal, a real estate syndication platform that helps syndicators streamline the process of raising equity, automate operations and attract more investors.
Perry began his career as a software engineer, taking on roles at Twitter, Amazon and Lyft. He has also acted as lead sponsor on three apartment syndications, raising $20M to build a portfolio of 850 units.
On this episode of Financial Freedom with Real Estate Investing, Perry joins Garrett and me to explain how his frustrations with the process of raising capital inspired the creation of Cash Flow Portal.
Perry discusses how GPs and LPs alike benefit from using an investor management platform and describes what differentiates Cash Flow Portal from other syndication software on the market.
Listen in for Perry’s insight on vetting investor management software and find out if Cash Flow Portal is the right long-term partner for you!
The experiences that inspired Perry to build Cash Flow Portal
- Software engineer at Amazon, Twitter and Lyft
- Lead syndicator on 172-, 408- and 236-unit deals
What frustrations Perry addressed by creating Cash Flow Portal
- Tedious to prep hundreds of DocuSign forms manually
- Updated info sent via email, entered on spreadsheet
Perry’s take on what software you need as a new syndicator
- Start with spreadsheet (expected equity of prospects)
- Then choose marketing CRM and build basic website
How LPs benefit from using an investor management portal
- Secure system of record to see how investment doing
- Single login to view entire real estate portfolio
How GPs benefit from using an investor management portal
- Saves time and allows for collaboration with team
- Demonstrates professionalism to investors
Perry’s top 2 ways for syndicators to attract new leads
- Add investor portal to website and share on social media
- Cash Flow Marketplace (LinkedIn-like site for syndicators)
How Cash Flow Portal creates time savings for LPs
- Investor questionnaire info prepopulated on legal docs
- Applicable fields automatically transfer to next deal
How Cash Flow Portal creates time savings for GPs
- Blue sky filing click of button away
- Do accreditation without leaving website
- Link bank account to fund investment directly
How to vet software to make sure it’s the right fit for you
- Schedule demo, ask questions re: customer support
- Assess team and product roadmap
What differentiates Cash Flow Portal from other software
- Easy-to-use product with superior technology
- Talented engineering team provides customer support
- Right DNA to be long-term partner for syndicators
Connect with Perry Zheng
Connect with Michael Blank
Apartment Investor Network Facebook Group
Email [email protected]
Add A Zero to Your Next Capital Raise
Want to Raise Capital? Focus on Investor Relations!
Scale Your Capital Raise by 10X
Join the Nighthawk Equity Investor Club
Learn More About Michael’s Mentoring Program
Watch the Replay of Deal Maker Live
Access Michael’s Free Resources in the Freedom Vault
Review the Podcast on Apple Podcasts
Financial Freedom with Real Estate Investing by Michael Blank